HURTLING TOWARD OBLIVION | Futurist says end may be near
Podcast of the day: “Hurtling Toward Oblivion,” a two-part interview by Dr. James Dobson with Dr. Richard Swenson, a physician and futurist.
You can access the podcast through iTunes or by going to these links:
You’ll need to listen to both broadcasts to get the full scope of what Swenson is saying, but here, in a nutshell, are his talking points:
The world today features…
1) PROFUSION: More and more of everything.
2) IRREVERSABILITY: We cannot undo what we have done.
3) EXPONENTIAL GROWTH: Changes are happening faster and faster, exponentially.
4) FALLENESS FACTOR: Then potential for bad, even from good things, is always there.
5) With all of these factors working together, we not only have a profusion of good but also the profusion of evil.
Ultimately, at some point, the conversion of all this will mean doomsday… This isn’t a “doomsday” book, though, but rather a warning…
Check out the podcasts to hear more…